3/06/2008

Some of my Favorite People, Part 1

I wish the whole world could meet my niece, Coach Jenn. She spent a lot of years learning how to row and is now sharing that information with the juniors on a rowing team. Her good spirits and love of life just shine through in to the things she does.
In her real life, she is a serious Fireman and a person that shines in helping others.
JJ or Jenn as we know her is an aunt to several nephews and nieces. She coaches the little guys in a basketball league in the winter and coaches rowers in the spring and summer.
Jenn has dedicated to changing her life right now and being more conscious of her carbon footprint and the impact she has on our world. Don't think she is an environmental wacko by any standard. She leaves the light on for her dog that is getting old and not able to see in the dark.
The picture above is so typical of Jenn. In addition to coaching the juniors, she also drives the truck that hauls the boats to the regatta. About once a year for the last 10 years or so, I have been able to go over to the lake nearby and watch her team row.
If Jenn was a guy, we would describe her as being a man for all seasons. She is as talented a person as I know. We love her and enjoy her love in return.
MUD & Bobwa

3 comments:

  1. Jenn sounds like a great person. I'm sure she is very blessed to have an uncle and aunt who love her so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh...
    and it's not even my birthday!

    And I am truely blessed to have MUD and Barb in my life.

    You guys have always supported every crazy thing I've done...something I am trying to pay forward!

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to take anything away from your niece, but she was probably brought up right, you know. That counts for an awful bunch. Great family you got there, MUD, as if we didn't already know that.

    ReplyDelete