2/22/2011

Motivation Plain and Simple

In my Businesses and Leadership classes, I studied what motivates people long and hard. My problem is not anyone else, but myself. I need to get a couple of projects off the ground and running but just can't seem to get there from here.

I also can see ways to improve on the design of things but don't seem to have enough attention to detail to get things done correctly when I do them. There has to be a better way.

The other day, one of my nieces said that the winning lottery ticket was sold just a couple of blocks from her home. She said she needs to buy Lottery Tickets. Then i read that Lottery Tickets are the investment program for the math impaired. Yes, I from time to time buy tickets but I know that there was a better chance of getting killed in Vietnam than there is in winning the lottery. I am pretty sure that if I invested the time and money I spend standing in line and the petty sum I spend on something worthwhile, my life would be a lot better. It must be a dreamer thing. What would I do if.... Probably get in trouble. When in doubt, refer back to the old sayings. Wanting what you have is a lot better than getting what you want. That is especially true if you have everything you really need.

This morning on the news, Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckaby said about out Congress, "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. If the people and most businesses can plainly see that there is something wrong with borrowing to spend is wrong, why can't Congress.

MUD

2 comments:

  1. Motivation, or a lack there of. Maybe you will come across a project that really holds your interest. I have many projects I need to do, but nothing I really want to do, just can't get the fire started under the boiler some days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MUD, speaking of the lottery. My oldest son calls it "The Dummy Tax."

    Good stuff here. I've been reading your posts but not commenting. Good, thoughtful stuff the last few days.

    Now, I gotta go to www.powerball.com and see if I won tonight. If you never hear from me again, you'll know I did. Nyuk!

    ReplyDelete