10/28/2012

Elections and Such

The Sunday paper here in the Capital of the Heartland has the voters information page.  I haven't been involved in so many lies since the last time I attended happy Hour at a local pub.  Everyone down to the local congressional seat in the Kansas House is out to fix all that ails us.  Here is my recipe for fixing what ails us:
  1. Increase Taxes.
  2. Cut spending.
  3.  Keep it going until the national Debt is paid.

OK, I know that the same folks that cry Not in my backyard (NIMBY) will lobby for their sacred cow to be spared but realistically, do you see any move by any of the Government agencies to cut spending.  Well, I guess the long lines at the County Tax offices could be partially the fault of not having enough people and some on a new computer system that didn't work well.

I have decided that I am not going to worry about meals for visitors until I see the whites of their eyes.   I have been cancelled out on so many times that I feel like a train ticket. 

On Wednesday it was in the 80's.  It hasn't hit 50 since.  People really don't know what to wear and I see people in shorts and others dressed for snow in the Arctic.  

Favorite Quote of the Day - A Teenage Girl walking down the aisle holding her boyfriends hand, "I don't care what my mother says, I am going trick or treating."  

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment