1/23/2013

Cold or Warm?

Many times I have studied papers written during the Korean and Vietnam War.  If you have to ask if it was a war or not, you weren't there.  It does beg the question about the temperature differences and which one I would choose if I had to do it over again.  

MUD ready to go back out to the field


I think the one quote I read about sums it up.  A Female reporter asked one of the GI's what was the most difficult part of the cold weather.  He said, "I Recon that trying to pee through 4 inched of clothing with a 2 inch dick is about the worse."  That about sums it up for me.

I got used to the heat in short order and most of my time in Vietnam I got along fine.  The difficult part for me was coming home in February to Fort Carson, CO.   I was loaned to the Division Artillery as the Observation Post Umpire.  I spent most of the last three months down range at Fort Carson freezing my butt off.   I felt sick the entire time and little did I know that I had Malaria and the drugs the Military gave me were suppressing the symptoms.  About three weeks after I got home from the service it kicked in and I spent most of the next month in the VA Hospital in Wichita. 

So, do I like hot or cold best?  I would say hot, but I would want a fan.

MUD

2 comments:

  1. Dennis, we'd like to invite you to become one of our Authors in Alexandria. This invitation has been extended to you by email as well.

    In addition to posting on anything you wish, as you desire, you may of course mirror posts you've already written from here or elsewhere to gain a different or additional audience or for any other reason that appeals to you.

    If you think you might be interested, contact me through Alexandria or by return email and I'll forward our formal invitations for you to look over and return, if you decide to proceed.

    Come contribute your perspectives and opinions to the ongoing conversations there or, even better, start some new - and different - ones of your own.

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    H. M. Stuart
    Alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at the Alexandria blog site and realize that it might be something I would be interested in. I am sure that a couple of my old posts would be right up their alley. I really have not wanted to expand my writing as I have taxed most of my brain cells to their limit in the over 2,000 posts here on Riding with Mud.

    ReplyDelete