3/04/2013

Good Intentions

At least once a week on Facebook, someone posts a horrific warning to keep us safe.  If I had it in my power, I would book mark Snopes.com on their machine automatically if anyone posts a false warning.  Come on people, life is way too short for us all to have to check something.  About 90% of what you read on Facebook is made up stuff so I guess it should carry a warning "Buyer Beware."  What you get is worth what you pay for it.  Here is the latest wrong message posted today"

" Heads-Up my Peeps.!...Hey Ya'll Please beware!.....A friend of ours daughter was coming out of Wal-Mart recently and while she was walking to her car she noticed that a couple of guys were "watching"her, she got into her car and locked her doors. As she was leaving she saw what appeared to be a $100.00 bill on her windshield, she was smart enough not to get out of her car at the time because she remember a email sent to her not that long ago about people putting something on your windshield and when the person gets out to retrieve it they are car jacked.............Here's a pic of the fake money.... please be careful and "SHARE" to protect the ones you love!"

By the same token, have you ever stopped to read what I have as my warning in the comments of this blog?  I freely admit that the distance from actual events and the times a story has been embellished can and often does  result in slightly wrong stories.   I don't set out to tell lies, but by time, distance and poor memory facts have been known to be slightly askew.  Yes, fairy tales start out "Once Upon a Time" and War stories start out "Hey, this is no shit...."

Tonight many of us will say good bye to the Seniors on the Jay Hawk men's basketball team.  It is their final home game.  I listened to a lot of talk over the weekend about this team.  The prediction is that Ben Mclemore (A redshirt Freshman) will go as high as 5 or 6 in the NBA Draft and due to how poor his family is he will go Pro. These same guys said that KU should have his family there for Senior night.  Barb and I disagree and feel that if Bill Self wants to thank Ben after the season is over, fine.  Senior night is for the 4 seniors that stayed and played. The team should get a hardy welcome home from the NCAA tournament no matter where they finish. My fantasy is that they face Wichita State in a final four game and K-State in the finals. Yes, a win would be good. Ben is a fine young man that will be rewarded in cold hard cash.  

TV today had John Kerry in Saudi Arabia.  He needs to get a basketball and haul his ass to North Korea.  Why we can't try everything to keep the peace escapes me.  If you think we are having money problems today, let a War between North and South Korea start and we will be up to our butts in more debt.  But then again, I don't understand the willingness of our current administration to spend our way out of debt or the avoidance of peace.  I am pretty sure that you all have read what I said about Afghanistan. If we had carpet bombed that poor sand covered country with dollars instead of bombs, the world would be a better place.  Throw in what the USSR spent and all the way back to the British wars and everyone in Afghanistan could have a really fine house .  Now that I have my blood stirred, On to bigger and better things...

MUD 


3 comments:

  1. I gave up on Facebook a long time ago.Your example text is just one reason, or maybe I'm just getting too old to mess with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:30 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:50 PM

    My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find most of your post's to be what precisely I'm looking
    for. can you offer guest writers to write content for yourself?

    I wouldn't mind writing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write about here. Again, awesome web site!

    Feel free to surf to my blog - diet plans That work

    ReplyDelete