9/14/2013

Buildings to Store Toys

As I accumulate more big boy toys, I find that I have exceeded the storage space for what I already have.  When I got that "Much Needed" tractor last year, I found that I now need a storage garage for it and the little tractor and the mower.  I may even need an area with a roof to store some of the attachments. Such is the life of a guy with enough money to say I have every thing I need and most of what I want.  

I think the minimum I will need is a 24X30 garage but I do need a 10 foot door.  I have considered building a wooden garage but and leaning towards a pole barn type structure that I will put in a rock floor this year and move to concrete next year or so.  With the extra wood I have here at Rabbit run, I will probably put in a small wood stove area in one corner.  I have the stove and all the wood I need. In fact, I had to get a burn permit this week so I could get rid of some of the wood piles I have started.  One was a small pile for branches and the other has the 20-30 foot pine trees that have died of the blight that got most of them.  Those damn red cedar trees have not even had one die and most of the trees I bought about 20 years ago have gone brown.  I have cut some down and some have fallen down.  I need to take the chain saw out and cut the remainder down.

We have both of our rental houses rented and I need to go over today and give the new renter her set of keys.  I also need to remind her that early next week, she needs to have the utilities put in her name.  I am looking forward to meeting her daughter that is a middle school student at Shawnee Heights.  I have that house looking pretty darned good and I hope they like it there.  I am also painting the bigger house and have purchased a water blaster sprayer to help blow off some of the bad paint.  I will probably use it to clean the wooden siding here at Rabbit run next year.  The house has turned pretty brown and shows a lot of dirt and cobwebs. 

Oh well, I guess I had better get running and see if there is something better to do with my time.

MUD

3 comments:

  1. If any of you have a good virus protection software, you might consider contacting one of the most prolific commenters to see what the heck it is. facebookofsex has really trying to get me to contact them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids love to play with John Deer Riding Toys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I found this post. It’s really awesome. I've been thinking about this topic. I like to buy baby ride on toys. There are many website who famous for best baby products. Thanks for sharing such a nice post.

    ReplyDelete