10/02/2013

Do You Celebrate?

I am not sure where or when it started, but years back, I started to celebrate it when friends have good things happen to them.  As a very young boy, I probably did let the victories of others turn to a jealous place I really didn't want to go.   I now think there is enough room at the top of any contest for lots of people to post a win.  For a couple of years, I was the Military Personnel Officer for the Guard and I did try my best to make the awards ceremonies very professional.  We would take every chance to stand people up and have a General Officer pin medals on them.  This is one of those times.

There is a program called Employer Support of the Guard and Reserves (ESGR) that honors employers that do good things for their employees.  This past week, a good friend of mine Walter Frederick III or just Walt to his friends was appointed the head of that organization in Kansas.  I will tell you that when I was the military Personnel Officer, Walt was the guy that really worked hard to see that people got recognized for their good work.  He was always proactive and his level of good work always shined through. 


Mr. and Mrs. Walt Frederick

Way to go Walt.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment