11/26/2013

Thanksgiving

Today is hump day of Thanksgiving week.  For those of us that are retired, it really doesn't mean all that much.  It is another day down and closer to Thanksgiving and then Christmas. 

Yesterday I had dinner with Dave and Barb.  They also brought Kyler and Austen to the Texas Roadhouse and we all had a fine dinner.  It was Austen's birthday and the boys were both looking fine and we enjoyed their company.  After dinner, I went to the Barbershop Chorus practice.  A good time was had by all.  The Barbershop org finally sent me my membership packet.  I have three years credit from my last membership.

The thing a lot of the guys don't realize is that I am a natural Bass and the last time I sang with them I was a Baritone.  The words are all the same but the notes are different.  For this year's music I am just starting out.  For the Christmas music, I want to revert to the Baritone part.  Oh well, it will all work out.  I tell Barbara that I am doing the music for me, a lot like I write this Blog.  If someone else enjoys it, so much the better.

While I was out last night, I picked up a pocket size recorder.  I recorded the Christmas songs and now wish I had someone else's pocket to put the recorder in.   I have just a slight head cold, more of a stuffiness and I sounded a lot nasal.  Oh well. I plan on taking it when I take some of the road trips to Oklahoma.  Perhaps some of those War Stories might make it to this blog.  I seem to have a lot of time to think and the stories are my way of passing the time. 

I think I will call it a day here and move n.

MUD

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:42 PM

    Just wanted you to know how much I enjoy your blog. Interesting, provocative at times but always a fun read.

    ReplyDelete