One of my Facebook friends posted "The Little Drummer Boy" on Facebook. It was by the group Pentatonix. They were last year's winners of the Sing Off. I have looked in every store in Topeka and Lawrence for a copy of their CD's and have struck out. Dave downloaded PTX Vol. 1 & 2 from his I Tunes Account and gave them to me for Christmas. I have listened to then and love the close harmony and rich sound they make. In return, I loaned him my Tom Clancy Book. I don't know how long he will have it but I will have a lot of winter to read it.
Have you thought about your New Year's resolutions? I think of them kind of like the 2014 bucket list. Here are some of mine
- I am going to move a bunch of stuff out of the garage and into the new metal building. I am going to build storage lockers and get it all organized. Well, somewhat.
- I am either going to find a nice 327 motor for the 57 Chevy or go with a new crate 350 motor. I am also going to see if I can find a good rack and pinion steering system and disc brakes to make it go straight and stop quick and an AC. Either that or I am going to sell it to someone that will use it.
- I am going to dedicate this year to finding and putting Barb into a new(er) car. Her old Buick is on its last leg. I think I will put a survival kit in that car. The kit is a cell phone and a screwdriver. She can call me and take the license plates off the car when it dies ugly - and it will.
- Dave's house needs a garage and a tornado shelter. Perhaps a combination might be what the doctor ordered. I will try to not be directive about where and what they get.
- With the high number of relatives in their 90's, I feel assured that we will have one or two get togethers. Perhaps I will get to stop and see a couple more National Parks this year.
- I am going to do my best to become the best "Barbershopper" I can be this year. Practice, Practice, Practice...