4/01/2014

April Fools Day

I consider myself to have a good sense of humor and in honor of this holiday, I will share a couple of funny stories.

The other night I went to a Church's Chicken place for dinner.  I think I had some spicy chicken and some smashed potatoes.  As I got up to leave, I saw a sight that caused a flashback.  About once a month we would go to my grandmothers house in Eldorado, KS for a Sunday lunch.  It didn't matter how many of us there were, Grandma would buy one chicken.  There were 6 of us and Grandmother so there wasn't a lot extra chicken.  Grandmother would eat the neck and the back and when she finished, there was nothing but a minute pile of bones.  She would disassemble that back and scrape the ribs clean. She could suck the meat off that neck with the best of them. In Church's chicken, there was a pile of bones that someone had disassembled with the precision of a surgeon.  Made me think of Grandmother.

Today, I was at the Pharmacy inside the Dillon's store to pick up a prescription their phone system told me they had.  I didn't remember calling anything in so I stopped anyway.  Ahead of me in the line was a guy that said "Trust me." to the clerk.  I said, "I don't know, he looks kind of shifty to me."  He promptly invited me out to the parking lot.  I reminded him that it was April Fools day and that was a joke.  He was serious as a heart attack.  I was going to say that I wasn't afraid of some old fart until I realized that I was probably older than he was.

When I got home, I opened the bag that had my colonoscopy prep drink in it and written on the Tag was, "Party time in Tecumseh."  I had a good laugh over that one.  In fact, a little over 10 years ago I had a colonoscopy and when I got home I had the best sleep I had had in weeks.  They tell me they have changed the medicine and it won't make me gassy or make me sleep as much.  Dang, I hate it when that happens.

The final story is that our 'Nother Daughter Mel wrote on Facebook that she has her appendix taken out yesterday.  Yes, I took it as an April Fools joke.  She called me from the hospital and said it was true, she would not get out until later today or perhaps tomorrow.  Bummer, I really hate it when that happens.   Unless it was one of the best April Fools Joke ever.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment