7/10/2014

Some things...

There are several rules of life that we often forget here is my view on some of them.

It is easy to have preconceptions, what is hard is to overcome them.  There was a time that I didn't understand bi racial relationships and didn't think I liked them.  Once I got to meet both of the people and got to know them, I realized it was my problem not theirs.  I could add to this same list same sex couples and now it is so much easier to get to know them for who they are not who I thought they were.   I read that it often takes a SEE (Significant Emotional Event) to change behavior that we have learned in our younger years.

If you don't know who the Black Sheep in your family is, it is probably you.  The really tough problem is trying to figure out what to do when that vision appears. 

Can you laugh at yourself?  This is probably one of the things I don't understand the most.  Not being able to admit you make mistakes is a great big problem.  Once you loosen up and see just how vulnerable your being stubborn makes you there is hope.  Humor is one of the things I love the most about my wife.  We get to laugh and discuss the lighter part of life.  I think we agree a lot more about the goals of life.  It how to make those things happen that we disagree on.  Sometimes it is better to just not talk about those things we can't agree on.

Just loving life on my bike


I didn't realize how much better my life could be once I began to plan when things would happen.  Even a poor plan worked a little is better than a great plan not worked at all.  Repetition of the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the height of stupid. Been there, done that.

For a lot of my life, I had Attention Deficit Disorder and just didn't know how hard I had to work at doing things in a repetitive order.  Once I attended a class that showed us how to use the Day Runner program my life just kept getting better.  Now that I am retired it is far from important but there are times that I do need a list of "Honey Do's." 

I had a friend ask on Facebook what he should do on his birthday.  If he had a good list of what to do and where he plans on going, that question would not need to be asked.    Perhaps on his birthday he should get in a private place and review his plan.  Surely something will jump out and tell him what to do. 

Why does time just seem better when we see little kids smiling?  I would much rather go to a playground where the kids are laughing than go fishing.  Perhaps it just my attempt to keep from being boring. 

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment