3/23/2007

Another Good Viewpoint

"muddyroadsanddustytrails@blogspot.com" wrote in the latest column that recognizing the expertise of people that you are getting a good or service from is often a good starting point. Asking a waiter for their recommendation about what is good that day is asking them for their viewpoint and adds to the positiveness of the transaction.
This might not work well in the Big Box stores where things are put on the shelf and all the employees know is the location of items but it works well where there is an implied knowledge of the employee. I probably don't convey a trusting attitude often enough and get the steak that got dropped on the floor. I have witnessed my Son Dave's ability to help a customer in his work at Radio Shack. He tries to convey an attitude that he wants to know what they need and then provide a good, better and best solution to the customer. I have watched him show the lowest cost solution and the best solution to the same customer. Seems like all I ever get is the lowest cost stuff handed to me. Wonder Why?

4 comments:

  1. Thank you. Yes life 101, that is what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your comment on my blog this evening, and thought I'd come take a peek at yours. The fact that you live in Tecumseh caught my eye because I just looked Tecumseh up on Mapquest yesterday trying to find out more about the Iwig Dairy milk my local Dillon's is now carrying. Anyway, thanks for stopping by. It's good to "meet" another Kansas blogger. I've got ya bookmarked and I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iwig dairy is just up the road from us and they have the best skim milk we have ever tasted. My wife is a teacher and Sam Iwig is one of her students. They are great Kansans and have been in business there for several generations. Got any good life lessons? MUD

    ReplyDelete
  4. The life lesson that comes to mind first is: People will let you down, but God never will. The second goes along with it: Love 'em anyway.

    Not very eloquent, but most of the lessons I've learned have been said better already in the Bible, a Steinbeck novel, or a country song.

    ReplyDelete