3/26/2007

Monday Morning in the Laundry Chair

For many of you, Sunday is Laundry day. I would have done laundry yesterday but it just didn't seem the right thing to do. I knew I would be off today because I had an appointment in the middle of the day. (actually it is Mom that had the appointment but hey, that's life) Here I sit watching TV, blogging and doing laundry. I can opt out of the Substitute system if I need the day off.
I am over the need to be sad about the Basketball games outcome. It made it a lot easier to swallow the results when Roy's boys in North Carolina got sent home also. Just shows me that it is luck at this point of the season not superior talent from the players or the coaches.
Yesterday I went out to start the truck and it was dead as a doornail. I put the battery charger on it and this morning I went out and na' da', zip zilch, bupkis again! I tried to think back about what I had done and remembered that I had opened the fresh air inlet and perhaps I had undone a wire. Bingo, right in the middle of the steering column there is a god wire that had come undone. It took only a few minutes to find the culprits location and everything is fine again.
I have put up a couple of Petty for School Board signs and will drive the truck with the signs posted for the rest of the week. Next Tuesday is election day and then I will find out if I got elected to a twice monthly meeting for no pay or not. In a lot of ways I hope not but in other ways I would like to help the schools be as good as they can be.
I am struggling with Mom's desire to going to a retirement home and her ability to pay. If it was more of a assisted living home I would be more positive. I know that Mom needs a lot of help and soon will have more needs than Drury Place can and will be able to fulfill. Right now she is putting a little money away for later and the formula I figured for the Retirement Home is about 45 to 60 months to a zero balance. Oh well, there is no guarantee she has another 60 months. We will get more on that today when we see the heart doctor.
Better run and take care of the laundry, the buzzer is going off... MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment