5/17/2010

Busy Sunday Afternoon

Yesterday Barb and I went over and picked up our daughter-in-law for a shopping trip. I think we all had the need to get out after a couple of days of being cooped up because of the rain. It was kind of a trip to see if we could find a way to roll out the dough for bierocks that didn't involve a lot of money or the need to take Naproxin after rolling them out on the counter. There was a noodle maker for almost $100.00 and a clay roller at Michael's for about $25. Barb has a coupon somewhere here at home so we decided to wait until she could find that 40% off magic. I am not sure why one was $16 (with coupon) and the other $100. They both were heavy in the box. Not sure that either one will do the trick.

We also walked around five or six different stores. It was good exercise but we really didn't buy much. I think we wound up with a big old box of Chex mix in individual serving bags and a pack of Dentene gum. The chex mix was the new 60% lower fat kind. Guess what? The leave the peanuts out and don't add any butter. Tastes like chex mix that needs peanuts and garlic butter flavor added. Oh well, it must be good for me?

Barb and I are looking for a good trip to take this year. We will probably travel by car and have a 10 day trip limit. Barb says I get grumpy after about 10 days on the road. I'm not sure why she thinks that but it must be true. I want to find somewhere where she can put the new NIKON to a good test. Barb loves scenic but not deep like the Grand Canyon or too high like a mountain top. I really don't care where we go so long as we go somewhere.

Oh well, better go find some thing to do worth while.

MUD

1 comment:

  1. But, but, but, aren't nuts and garlic supposed to be good for you, too? I give up, I can't keep up with the ever-changing "Good for You" meme. I am just going to eat stuff I like to eat from this point forward.

    ReplyDelete