12/13/2012

Big Enough?

When we had our niece, Carrie Craig, design this house, I had no idea that having a big dinning room would cost me so much money.   No, not in the building, in the annual Christmas Tree hunt to fill that room.  It seems that Barb has a wonderful sense of pretty and big in Christmas Trees is a part of that.  I went to Home Depot and bought the biggest tree that my stand would hold.  I guess I need to get a bigger tree stand next year.  After trimming down the trunk so it would fit, the tree is just barely legal in Barb's book.  Oh well, with lots of lights and bulbs it'll do.

For some reason, I am just not onto the complete Christmas spirit this year.  I guess I need to find and focus on the good things and stop obsessing on the things I can't change.  For the sake of not depressing you too, I won't go into the details.  I even tried to make cookies and they flopped.  It seems that the fancy Turbinado sugar  I bought is designed to be a coating, not a part of the cookie.  They were flat and tasted like someone dropped them on a beach.  Oh well, better luck next time. They were so bad that even a Schmoe Girl couldn't eat them.  Somewhere there is a land fill with crappy cookies. The good news is that Barb's cookies, Divinity and Fudge were up to their usual standards. 

I guess I need to stop flapping and do something
I need to be a lone wolf (OK Coyote)
I'll try to stop following the same crowd
I'll try to find some night life
MUD

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:50 AM

    An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a friend who has been doing a little research on this.

    And he in fact ordered me breakfast due to the fact that I found it for him.
    .. lol. So let me reword this.... Thanks for
    the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to discuss this matter here on your
    internet site.
    My weblog weightloss motivation

    ReplyDelete