2/22/2013

Young Mind, Old Body

Yesterday we had a snow storm hit that just dumped tons of snow on us.  I have a Diesel tractor and it was very hard to start.  By the time I got it started and then got the grader blade hooked up it was over 8 inches deep.  I worked here for about an hour and a half and then went over to Dave's to push out his driveway.  After that I went to the rental houses and worked there for an hour or so.  I got home yesterday and I was cold the rest of the day.  I felt real bad and I mentioned it to Barb.  She made sure that I knew that I was getting old and it showed.  Bummer.  I have this mental image of being very young and I could work all day.  Three or four hours now just wore me out.

I do need to get the tractor running again today and do just a little more.  The County snow plow went by the mailbox and now I have a five foot drift in front of the box.  I am pretty sure that the mailman won't put anything in there if she has to climb a snow pile.  I also have to dig the Crown Vic out as it has a foot of snow on top of it.  

I am doing pretty well here inside and do have a couple of good books to read.  I may go up and make a new pot of coffee and see if there is any hot chocolate to add to a good cuppa coffee.  

MUD 

2 comments:

  1. I learned after many years plowing snow that my diesel tractor needed an assist to kep it warm and starting in the cold. It has a block heater that I can plug in for 1/2 hour or so and it will start right up. To make that process easier for me I now keep the tractor in the garage for the winter where there is always electricity. It works like a charm. You might want to look into some type of heater for your tractor. They make several kinds including one tha goes into a bottom radiator hose. Heat it up and away you go. Now, I have to get out and do my driveway now. I always wait until the snow has stopped and the sun is shining. Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray, my tractor is air cooled and there is no lower radiator hose to hook into. I built a dog house around the motor and have an electric heater I put in there. One of my projects this year is a storage building for the tractor. The good news is that everyone got off to work today at all the properties. Dennis

    ReplyDelete