2/20/2009

Apology


Barb told me that my last few posts have sounded way too serious. She wondered where the light banter and wit has gone. I think it started with KU's loss to Missouri. Anyone but them. I then started my Taxes using Turbo Tax and first blush has me owing between 7 and 8 Thousand Federal and almost a thousand State. I had an arguement with the Topeka Capitol Journal over hits by Dennis Clemente of K-State's roundball team. Then to make it all seem worse, I have a head cold and feel crappy. None of these things are so serious that they will ruin me or my normally cheerful outlook. It will make me not feel cheerful and witty and happy.

So, In closing if you miss the old me, I apologise and promise that other than a rant now and then I will like the weather get better in the coming Month or so.


MUD

5 comments:

  1. I hadn't even noticed you'd been ranting - I thought you were just putting a voice to the thoughts in my head! Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roger Out! MUD, COL (Ret)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need to apologize. Loosing to Mizzu and feeling sick and owing the government money when jobless girls pop out 14 artificially insiminated babies makes me rant as well. We are Petty's. We are vocal. It's what we do. I love you just the way you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I'm new to this blog. I found it through "The Bliss of it All". I found you name interesting, lol.

    Where is Tecumseh? I live in Pratt, Ks. 80 miles west of Wichita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mud is short for "Mean Uncle Denny" and was applied to me when in play I caused a beautiful young niece to become "snaggle tooth". As she sat there eating ice cream she sobbed "Mean Uncle Denny" My sister thought that was a good name for me.
    Tecumseh is just east of Topeka and is more a mailing address than a town. They even closed our post office but we still have a church and a school there.
    MUD

    ReplyDelete