4/12/2009

What Does the Easter Bunny Bring to Your House?

The Easter Bunny bring a wide variety of things to our house. There are two hanging baskets of flowers, a lot of clothes, a communal basket of treats and at least one thing that is there because it is cute. (notice the ducky) Barb loves to give people things on Easter and I think our kids don't mind even thought their elementary school days are long over. I will soon be out on the grill doing my magic on some chicken and pork loin medallions. I think I heard Barb on the phone making arrangements. After working for 12 hours yesterday Dave won't be ready to start things early. (I just heard 1:30 or 1330 for those military types)

Barb and I are discussing out trip to Spain and Morocco plans and more discussing than deciding is the stage we are in. I am a free wheeling person that would go and let it happen. Barb is the "I want a schedule and reservations" type. We are going for fun but will be glad to see our friends in Morocco.

Things here in the Heartland are variable weather wise. Yesterday it was high 60 with a lot of sunshine and today will work hard to break 50 with clouds and some rain. I'm sure there will be a lot of Easter Egg hunts later on today that will be moved inside. Barb is getting very excited about her garden for the year. I have worked the beds over and she bought some mulch for the paths between the plants. I bought two truckloads of dairy pen compost last year and it has been mellowing in a trench I made just for that purpose. We are adding it slowly to the garden soil and will continue to add compost and rotted manure until it reaches a point where the soil test says don't add any more. I don't expect that to be for a couple of years.

Oh well, better go get with the program. I'm sure that with guests coming there is a bathroom and a floor or two to clean. Remember labor is who gets things done. Management just says where.

MUD

3 comments:

  1. Easter brought Chocolate eggs for the kids... for me? A new Handbag.... cos I didn't eat any chocolate! Woo hooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trip to Spain! That is a country on our list. I was planning a trip for this summer but the finances didn't agree. I have books and schedules that I can let you borrow for planning. It was a 2 week trip from city to city getting around by train, and plane since they say it is worth it to pay the price and fly to Barcelona rather then rent a car or take the train.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, look on the Continenal web site and see what the tickets are. Our round trip tickets were about $500@ We are planning on traveling on to Morocco to see our friends there. We are planning on a 9 day trip all total.
    MUD

    ReplyDelete