10/26/2009

CUBA

SOMEDAY I'LL SIT ON THE BEACH IN CUBA
PEOPLE WHO LOVE OLD CHEVIES, CAN'T BE ALL BAD

For how many years have we had an embargo on the poorest of the poor nation, Cuba? At what point will we have made our point that the embargo has hurt them but they continue to be unbroken? Who are we really hurting? Finally, I want to know just how long do you think the Communist system would have lasted if we had allowed our tourists and their dollars go there?
It is my opinion that we gave the Cuban government something against which they could hold their people harshly. Do you think they could have made it this far and long if they had been able to see the almighty dollar up close? A man with one bowl of rice doesn't realize he is deprived unless he sees that everyone else has two.

It is still my wish that some day I will get to sit on a beach in Cuba and share a cigar and lunch with a few Cubans. I don't want to hate them, or have a war with them, just some red beans and rice, a rum drink and a cigar.

MUD

1 comment:

  1. Yeah MUD, the Cuban embargo has always stumped me. I know it's some kind of misguided, ridiculous homage to Jack Kennedy. But c'mon!

    We deal with every commie country in the world, and always have. Jeepers, Castro wouldn't have lasted under the weight of good old fashioned commerce.

    ReplyDelete