12/20/2010

Family

This is the first Christmas without Mom, Mel's is in New York
This is my sister Myrna

- This was the first Christmas without Mother and I think the Petty Clan did their best to show up in mass and have a great time. With Barb at the Camera Ready position you know that everyone had a smile on their face when captured.
I thought it might be nice to share a little about my family one person at a time. The second picture above is my sister Myrna. I think I have my love of reading from her. I remember sitting on her bed and reading with her from an early age. I'm sure that she helped me through a lot of tough times when Dad had his problems when I was a kid. I know that she was always a solid spot in my life and I have a lot to be grateful to her for.
I am pretty sure that somewhere in our genes, we Petty's all got the excess cholesterol gene and only because of the Statin drugs am I able to avoid the health problems Myrna Sue has. When my brother and I compared medications, we are both on the same stuff and thankfully we can tolerate it. Myrna has to go to the KU Med Center on a regular basis for the new chellation therapy for excess cholesterol. I am very glad that we have her with us to share Christmas with the kids. Her smile and great stories added to the festivities. I hope she can be with us for many Christmas's to come. her husband Ray was down in the back this year and didn't make the trip over. We missed him.
MUD

1 comment:

  1. MUD, that's some beautiful ladies. I know you really miss your Mom, but the fact that y'all kids are still close really says a lot about her.

    I know she's proud of y'all.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete