9/17/2009

A Day at the Fair

After I posted this blog, Barb asked me if I got the picture of the kid with a paper sack on his head? When I downloaded the photos, all I saw was his dad with the fake green hair hat. I guess the paper sack is what you wear when you dad has the cool hat.


The front Gate of the Kansas State Fair in Hutchinson. It was Dollar day and Dillon's Day. With my Dillon's card, I got in free. It cost barb a whole dollar. That's the telephoto lens case not a purse.



Our first stop was the pig races. I think the announcer's comments were corny but the kids laughed and the pigs ran.



Fried Cheese? You could also get fried oreo's and the infamous funnel cakes.




I don't know why, but this cow was so pretty that I asked Barb to take her picture. She was the only brown cow in the class of Holsteins.



I am not sure why, but someone made a smoker out of an engine stand, a toolbox and a fake motor with real headers. Yes, I would have loved to take it home.



What Fair would be the Fair without the Butter sculpture? Someone said the neck had cracked over the weekend. Barb had to wait until the kids got out of the way.

This is an International Farmall tractor and I wish Ron could have been here to tell me all the details. The one in Ron's garage came with steel wheels and is 90 years old.



Barb obviously took all these pictures and her eye is pretty sharp. For some stupid reason I wore sandals and could not get close enough to the pig races but I'm not sure it really mattered if I saw Brittany Spare ribs won or not.


MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment