9/06/2009

Feed Back

To Glenda Overstreet, the local NAACP president and columnist for the Topeka Capitol Journal.

Dear Glenda,

I really resent being lumped into the pack of anonymous bloggers that don't like what our Government is doing. If you want to send me a message, you can click on the e-mail link and send me anything you desire off my Profile Page. I think I have also given enough hints to identify who I am in my blogs that it should be no big challenge to tell who I am and reply to anything I write.

What I really hate is that you have done to me the very thing that you and the NAACP was founded for. I do not lump you and other Blacks into any one category because of who you are or what you look like. I do not hate you because your opinions are different than mine. If you feel hate coming from the other side, have you asked why you feel so picked on? Is some of that feeling from the fact you stand up and be counted for the cause you chose to support? I didn't hold your hand and make you do anything.

As for the fact that I am a lot of others have real misgivings about the Health Care Initiative, let me share with you why many of us are at odds. First of all, the Congress of the United States has taken the initiative to change our Health Care and reform it. The language as I understand it is to take effect in 2010 or later. If that is the case, why are we being asked to accept the over a thousand pages of legislation overnight when by everyone's account, Lynn Jenkins didn't read the 700 word Great White Hope Legislation. Tell us what you want to change a little at a time and let us decide if it is what we want. My mother had a saying that big changes cause "The baby to be thrown out with the bathwater" and to me the law of unintended consequences often hits us harder than what we wanted to fix. I have damn good health insurance and don't want Medicare, Tri-Care or Medicade. I damn sure don't want my hospitals to run out of money at years end like the VA. As good as they try to be, what they do is subject to the Fiscal Cycle and you damn sure don't want to have a heart attack in the last 30 days of the fiscal year.

Second, Right now we are in the middle of one of the worst recessions we have ever been in. Doesn't it scare the pants off you that we spent over a Trillion dollars and the economy is still in shambles. It was the lack of a good Governmental oversight that got us here? If the government isn't able to see the big things, how do we know this isn't another Madoff Ponzi scheme that will take our money and give us nothing in return? Or as in my worse fears, just give health Care to those who are unwilling to pay for it themselves.

Thirdly, when the people voted in the last national Election, we were promised hope and Change. You have been watching, did you hope that change would build up the forces in Afghanistan, Take a 300 Billion dollar Bill and inflate it with Pork until it was a Trillion dollars and select cabinet members that didn't pay their taxes correctly?

So, You see Glenda, that I, Dennis Petty of 4921 SE 42nd, Tecumseh, KS am not afraid of people saying I am a part of the unknown legion of bloggers. I am afraid that people will say that my opinion doesn't count because I do blog. Does your opinion not count because you are just another columnist in the paper. Do I discount you because you are black, a woman or a member of the NAACP? No, I disagree with changing our government into one where we no longer encourage hard work, an education and self reliance. Build a floor to support those who are in a hole now and then but don't expect me to build a ramp out of those in self imposed holes.

One of those old sayings I love is, "When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging."

Your Pal, MUD

3 comments:

  1. WOW you go Dude!
    Nothing like getting your own say eh?
    You obviously feel strongly about this... GOOD FOR YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you tell her what you REALLY think MUD? Nyuk...

    Well said! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stand and applaud, sir.

    ReplyDelete