6/01/2011

Wednesday, 1 June, 2011

Yesterday was one of those days that I should have shut it down and stayed away from heavy thinking. For the life of me I could not remember Mulberry Tree. I cut one of the damn things up and there were berries everywhere. When I tried to tell Barb what the tree was, nothing, zip, zilch, nada, or bupkis came to mind. It was kinda funny when she started guessing names because I secretly suspect that she couldn't remember a Mulberry either.

I wonder if life will be kinda fun when we get a few more years older. It will be like 20 questions with no winner. I really hope we can both keep our sense of humor and not fight over stupid things. I do know that we will try to maintain our independence and not become dependent on each other too much. Mom and I would laugh at the typical exchange between her and my Dad in his last years. "Virginia, would you put ice in my tea or Virginia would you put tea in my ice?" That went on a lot. Dad was on a medication that kept his mouth dry and all day he would spend time drinking tea or going to the bathroom.

On Memorial day, or Decoration day as it was known in my family, Barb and I went to the Store and bought flowers and flags for my parents grave. The picture was posted a few blogs earlier. The moment at the cemetery was filled with moments and memories. I was reminded that Becky attended Dad's wake and was very pregnant with her daughter Kristin. I remember that Becky did such a lovely job with Mom's funeral in Collinsville. Now they share a double stacked grave in Topeka and from time to time I stop by and say hi to them. Yes, I know that's the kind of thing I would laugh at earlier in my life. I have even been known to wipe away a tear or two.

My Grand-Niece from Birmingham, AL will come up this weekend. Amy and Keith will be here with their son Austin. I think the entire family is excited to see them. We will get together at her mother's new house in Lawrence. Janet will get the chance to let everyone see her new house and we will have a great time. I can't wait for it all to come together. I am pretty sure that two of my family won't be there. My Sister Carol will be in Arkansas with her grand baby and her son and my brother Rick is recovering from back surgery. I hope my other sister Sue will be recovered from her heart cath to come. Oh well, them that is there will have a great time. Having fun is kinda a priority in the Petty family.

Oh well, better get rolling if I am to get all this done.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment