8/03/2012

300 Miles on a Bike

A couple of years ago I bought a speedometer for the recumbent bike and this last winter the battery finally died.  This spring I put a new battery in it and it started recording miles.  This morning it turned over 300 miles of smiles riding on bike trails.  The only sad part is we have to load up the bikes and haul them to a bike trail to ride safely.  I would love to have a road with a bike lane over to lake Shawnee.  Oh well, the bikes are pretty easy to load and they ride fairly safe on the back of the car.  If you need to get out and do something, I recommend bike riding as one of the many alternatives you can do when you cross train.  We always ride on trails and wear helmets and gloves.   Be safe out there.

Dave and Barb bought me one of those edible fruit arrangements for my birthday.  It has been very yummy and anyone that says they don't like chocolate dipped strawberries didn't try any of the one's that came on the arrangement.  Barbara also made me a birthday pie and I grilled pork slices from a pork loin on the grill last night.  Great food and greater people.



One of my Facebook friends asked today how do you get over a minor sports injury.  The Acronym I use is RICE.   Rest, Ice (or cold) compression ( Ace Bandages and Rest.  The best pain medication for me is Alieve or the naproxin Sodium products.  Aspirin is good for headaches but Alieve is my drug of choice for sore back, knees or about anything you have. 


Well, better get on with the day.  Have a safe one out there.  It looks a lot like it might rain but I won't hold my breath.


MUD





No comments:

Post a Comment