8/04/2012

Just a few New Things

This morning Barbara asked me what was on my agenda for the day?  I turned defense to offense by asking her in return what was on her agenda.  She replied that there was so little on her to do list to hardly call it an agenda.  Ditto from me.  I did mop the kitchen floor and she is doing laundry but neither were such a big deal that we had to make a list of "how to" or a plan of action.  I know that Barb is busy watering her trees, plants and garden on a pretty regular basis because we are about 7 inches behind for the year.   This was not a good year for corn.  

Just the other day, there was a post  on my carrier's page and it was pointing out that wild animals are coming into the cities for water and food because of the drought.  Yesterday my Brother-in-law from Lawrence posted a picture of a nice deer that came into his yard to drink from the bird feeder.  How cool is that?

I sure hope that Becc and her significant other Bill stay dry today as they head out to Sturgis, SD.  I think they are right between two major storms as they come north through Missouri.    We had a 60% chance of rain predicted for here but if there is any moisture falling it won't be until tonight and the biker gang from Rogers will be well north of here by then, I hope. Gang is not the right word as most of the riders in that group are pretty normal people.  It is kind of like I tell the greeters at Texas Road House that is just "Petty, group of five not Petty party of five.  We don't have that much fun unless we are seated by a bunch of little kids."

After our visit to Rogers, I have a different idea on the roads in Topeka.  Down there, they have many plans to improve the flow of traffic.  I am now starting to see ways that our streets really hinder traffic flow not help it.  One glaring example is that they tore up 37th Street between Adams and Kansas Ave and are about to tear up 45th Street from California to Adams.  That leaves the entire east side of Topeka with 29 or 53rd ad the only east-west streets.    We can hope that they wait a little on 45the closing or hurry because of the good weather on 37th.   The other impediment to good traffic is that there is no east west street between 37th and 29th off Kansas Ave and that is a major block.  


Oh well, the temperature has backed off a little here in August and we can hope that there will be several good days of bike riding in August. 



MUD




No comments:

Post a Comment