1/01/2015

But Baby, It's Cold Outside!

For Christmas we got 50+ degree weather instead of snow.  This week we have cold and no snow.  I am not sure that Mother Nature has a good handle on what we need, but we are getting something.  I saw a picture of a family in Thailand and they were all wearing T-Shirts and shorts.   I wonder if they miss having a little snow here and there.  In SE Asia, I missed some of the good old American food.  I saw that in one picture they were at McDonald's.  Do you ever wonder what they serve there?  At least in Germany they served wine with the burgers.

Speaking of food, last night was out with the old and in with the new.  We had an eclectic meal of Enchiladas and lasagna.  Throw in some microwave vegies and it was pretty darned good.  I think today is a good day to put a pork roast in the Crock Pot.  It will make a pretty good dinner today and I'm sure that the pulled pork sandwiches later on in the week will be good.   I have some Hickory flavored KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce and it would taste good if it was put on newspaper in a bun. 

Dave and his wife Barb are nearing the end of their journey to rebuild their house after the fire.  I am not sure of the exact date they will be able to return everything and everybody to their old routine but it is getting nearer.  At least Service Master has returned  the contents of their house.  Now to go through the over 100 boxes of stuff.  I have a few things I need to finish there and will go over in a little while. The only part I will hate it getting under the house to hook up the furnace duct and the dryer vent.  Oh well...

Did you get everything you wanted for Christmas?  I needed some underwear and socks and Santa (aka Barb) came through for me.  I got one of those head lights that you wear on your forehead so you can see in dark places.  In fact I got two so I should be set. 

I was reminded today that everyone needs to see their doctor at least once a year to make sure there is nothing sneaking up on you health wise.  With the new health programs, there should be little excuse not to see your doctor.  

Oh well, things to do and places to go.  Have a great year out there. 

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment