1/17/2015

I Went to a Fight and a Hockey Game Broke Out

After we sang the National Anthem last night, I watched the first period of the Hockey game.  As I left, the Pepperoni and the tomato were going to have their race down the ice.   Been there and done that.  After about 20 minutes of madness rushing up and down the court they take a 20 minute break.  Probably the best part of that is the Zamboni comes out and runs up and down the floor.  I can take about 20 minutes of Hockey so far.  Perhaps in March I will stay for two periods.  The most impressive thing I saw was a 2 minute penalty invoked because a defenseman used his stick to try to hold the guy with the puck back as he raced off towards the goal.  He really missed and it was no big deal.

The other day I crawled under Dave's trailer to hook up the vent on the dryer.   My elbow felt a little funny that evening and when I looked at it, I had a big old nasty bruise on it.  It looked a lot like the blood pooling marks on a dead person.  I guess I could cut back on the 81 mg aspirin.  I don't think I am in any danger right now from a heart attack.  I did have a good friend have by-pass surgery last week so one never knows.  The last time I saw him he admitted to not feeling very well and he attributed it to depression.  Makes me wonder how much of it was the arteries slowly clogging up.  I know that several time over the years I have felt kind of bad and found myself right in the middle of a major tooth problem.  I guess sometimes we don't listen to our bodies very well. 

Best Buy is delivering a base to the washer/Dryer set Dave bought.  It is an LG set and the base cost as much as the cheaper brands.  His wife is there today waiting for them to deliver it.  I was told that I didn't need to wait for the guys to deliver the base and I could go home.  Here I am. 

Tonight KU plays at Iowa State and that is always a fun close game.  It really depends on which team from KU shows up.  They have one team that couldn't hit the inside of a barn with a shot gun and one that free wheels and dunks the ball all over the place.  With only two losses this year, they have managed to keep that bad team in reserve.  From what I have seen, it will be a close race for the Championship of the BIG XII this year.  Even Texas and Oklahoma State have had their stinker games. 

This morning there was a filler ad in the paper.  The 2014 GMC Trucks start at $27,000 and they have a used truck at $47,000.  Can anyone tell me why a used truck would be worth that much?  Beats the heck out of me.  I do know that businesses can write off the entire cost of a truck in one year but do not know how or if there is any Depreciation recapture.  There has to be some Government involvement there.  

Speaking of Government Involvement, Our Governor (Sam Brownback for those of you in Rio Linda) is getting his ears pinned back for the nutty job of taxation he designed for the new year.  IT is projected to cause a 360 million dollar shortfall this year.  He has borrowed for Peter to pay Paul and everyone is feeling the heat.  After dipping into the Highway funds and the State Personnel Retirement Plan he is still short.  Why don't they give up on the Business Tax Breaks and put it back on the shoulders of the taxpayers where it belongs.  Wild ideas have a 50/50 chance of success in good years and a bad chance in stagnant or bad years. 

Better run and see what is happening in the rest of the world.  Keep your eyes open for flying pucks at the hockey game. 

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment