9/04/2015

Oh My God

I was just looking at a story on the web and there was a small screen that said the "Worst of Wal*Mart"   I started to look at the pictures and realized that I could be in there.  Getting old(er) means that when the bladder warning light (BWL) goes off, I need to be near a bathroom.  The BWL is that little sound that goes PEE! PEE! PEE! when you hear water running.  I hope that my not wearing white pants too often protects me from the brown stains showing up when I trust a fart.  My favorite food is not beans anymore.  

I guess that I don't understand how a court clerk that goes to jail for not doing her job as in the "Rule of Law" draws any sympathy.  I fully expect Government to protect her right to her religion as I expect the Government to protect my rights where her nose ends.  She is in Jail for Contempt of court not for breaking God's Law.  She is welcome to go to her church and pray on her time and to do her duty as a clerk on my time.  She isn't the Government, we are.  Take our  money to do our job and you had better damn well do what you are paid to do.  I can't figure out how someone there didn't have it in their job description to just fire her and put her out of our misery.   

Yesterday I got a phone call from my first friend in life.  He wanted to know if I was going to the 50 the HS reunion this month.  After we cleared up the date somewhat, I filled out the application and sent it in.  I hope he can get up to Wichita and spend some good time with Barb and I talking about old times.  I hope that I can help him understand that having a free schedule every day is not a bad thing.  The first step is to realize that there is really more things to do than  you can ever imagine once you look at it.  I agree that as non golfers we do need to find a better place to take a walk.  The good thing is that every time we go to the mall , we don't have to spend money.  I can't say the same thing about Sam's Club.   I like to ride my recumbent bike at the lake.  I do have a 57 Chevy that could do some work also.   At least a couple of days a week I need to mow and viola, the week is full.  Throw in singing on Monday nights and it is very full and fun.

This is the time of the year when a lot of parents are saying farewell to their children as they go off to school.  As a Dad, I was proud as my son got nearer to the door and stepped out into the world.  To me, a pat on the back was good enough.  For the better half, she saw the nest being empty and did her best to rush out and save him whenever she thought he needed saved.  I described it as she would helicopter in with a bag of groceries from time to time.  It wasn't the money, it was the effort and time she took looking out for him.  Oh well, all's well now and time moves on.

Today I need to find a printer table that will hold two printers and the I need to get them working.  One works with my printer now but the other one is just a lump of plastic that isn't.  There is always the fall back position of having Dave come over and helicopter in to save me.    

MUD

 

No comments:

Post a Comment