9/11/2015

Will It Ever Happen?

Once upon a time, many years ago, I read about the effects of Alzheimer's and an effect called the Sunset Effect.  Many of the sufferers start the day out strong and by the end of the day lost the ability to function properly.  The other day, Barb asked me to read a transcript of a hearing I attended in Oklahoma and I asked her to wait until the next morning so I could be a lot more clear.  I have always been a morning person but now I wonder if the failing ability in the evening hours could be the precursor of impending doom.  There is a history in my family of minor strokes and early onset dementia.  My Father's mother and my father both slipped into a life a lot more simple as they grew older.

The thing that really started me thinking about this was the blood clots I threw around Easter and the fact that I had been ill right prior to that.  When I throw in that my mother was on Warfarin to thin out her blood for years, I fear that I might be headed in a direction I don't want to go.  

This morning as I walked out to fetch the paper, I saw a rather nice sized log that had fallen off a tree in the storm last night.  It was slightly larger than a baseball bat and probably about the same weight.  I picked it up and attempted to throw it into the brush pile just beyond where I mow the yard.  I failed to clear the mowed part with it.  I thought to myself that I could have on the past thrown it clear over the wood pile, not come up short. 

Well crap, Oh Dear, I am sure you did not expect me to show up this morning with self doubts and write this missive.  But, I assure you that it is still early in the day and typical of when I write on my blog.

I will stop here and go finish my book so this time I can return ti to the library before it is over due.

MUD 

No comments:

Post a Comment