1/11/2014

Is It March?

This morning it is just above freezing and headed for somewhere in the 40's today.  Seems like the weather can't make up its mind what month it is.  Seems a lot more like march than January.


Today is the Sunflower showdown and in it KU and KSU will play.  It will be the second time the Hawks get to play in the "Second Season."  This is the round robin they play for the Conference Championship.  After a really tough pre-season,  the boys know what they need to do.   As my Dad would say, "All Hands on Deck, Battle stations."

Can you imagine how good Wichita State would be if they had Perry Ellis and Wiggins had decided to play there?  They are 16-0 and they haven't had a diet of cup cakes either.  I am proud of their record and am looking forward to watching them in Post Season. 

Yesterday I got an e-mail from our Chorus Director that ked me if I would be the assistant Bass Section Leader.  Our section leader has a couple of Monday's a month that he is late and I will be in charge of the section practice.  It was really funny that he phrased it as a question but then said he probably would not take no for an answer.  I told him that I could not refuse such a request.  If you knew how much I respect our director this exchange would put a smile on your face.

Today is the dinner for our Chorus to install the officers for 2014.  I got into the chorus so late this year that I escaped the selection process.  I will probably have to do something in the out years but not this year.  There is a position that is responsible for sending out the practice schedule weekly and it could be had but I will sit back and watch for a while.  I will also work with the membership officer and see if there isn't a way we can increase our chorus strength.   I want to also work with the Junior Barbershop Quartet program and see if we can't gain some people by making their program better.

Oh well, time to go do something better for me,

MUD

1 comment:

  1. I have never had religious spam as a comment. Perhaps I am attracting a better level of reader. Then again, as for freedom of religion means that this comment is only a click away from being gone. One free bit of this apple this time and next time, CLICK...

    ReplyDelete