6/30/2014

Stuff

Years ago I had a "Day Runner" that I used to keep me on track.  I loved the way it helped me know what I needed to do and what I could put off.  The act of writing down the stuff I needed to do was in itself a work avoidance mechanism that proved to me that I was organized, not energized.  As I would travel through my days, I would hear things that I would just have to write down,  Here are just a few of them:  (If you read something that you wrote, give yourself credit and write your own darned blog)

  • I abhor stupidity.  Not speech by the uneducated, but speech that everyone knows speaker couldn't even possibly believe what they are saying.   PS, at lot of this is coming out of Washington but you didn't hear that from me.
  • People that say we shouldn't have a prejudice don't understand the word.  That is our mind's ability to sort out the things that we like and dislike so we don't spend our days struggling over what to wear, eat or read.  We would soon slow down to a paralyzing pace if we couldn't decide if we like mustard and not catsup on our hamburger.  Lord only knows you have been behind someone in a line that couldn't make up their mind over selecting a coke or a tea.  I myself, love catsup on French fries, mustard on hot dogs and grilled over raw onions.  I would love to have a new car if they were making a 57 style Chevy.  
  • I am a Fiscal Conservative.  I do believe in the power of change but the change should be for the better and damn sure not more expensive.  If the change doesn't make it better or cheaper in the long run why change.  If all you want is a cosmetic change, paint it, salute and move on.  Outgo must be less than or equal to Income in the long run.
  • In the real world out there, there are people that cannot change.  If you are in charge, make a good plan, staff it, figure out how to pay for it and implement it.  There will be cases where you just have to "haul ass and bypass" some of the people but if you have time, look up the word Republic and try to understand not everyone will be happy 100% of the time.
  • I am a native Kansan and consider myself a Jay Hawker.  I am a person that loves freedom and hates enslavement.  Ideas that lock you into one place can enslave you as well as chains. 
  • Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.  In spite of his great ideals, his control while he tried to keep our great Union together was about as tough as any Dictator.  
  • Take what you want, but eat what you take. (Sign over the buffet at the buffet Danny Rex and I were asked to leave and never come back to)  
  • If you don't really want to buy it, don't ask what it costs. 
  • Spend your last dollar on your last day.  (and hope you wife saved enough to get rid of the body)
  • Don't expect everyone to tell the truth when they are lying to you.  Sometimes a good story has no guiding moral principle, it is just a good story.  With over 2700 posts and 300,000 visits, I had to make up a couple of the things you read here.  But read the fine print along the top edge of this blog and you will realize I warned you.

Lastly, smile and make them wonder what you are up to.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment