6/15/2014

What's Really Important?

If I were to be in charge, here are my priorities for the problems I would want fixed: 

EDUCATION -   I think our Colleges aren't helping our teachers enough to make them the best they can be.  I would select the brightest and the best and pay for their education.  I would then pay off those loans at about a rate of 20% per year.  If a teacher then stayed in the class room for 5 years they could have a college education on us.  I would also pay them extra to go to school for 6 weeks in the summer.  Every other year the work would be workshops done at the grade levels where they worked on lessons and lesson plans to help the other teachers to see what can be done.  The odd years would be working on a Masters Degree and helping them remain certified.  There would be extra credit given for practical experience based on the performance of the students.  After 10 years, teachers would be given the same deal to get a Masters Degree.  I would double the size of the student loans and have them work 4 years to pay off the loans for two years. 

BUDGET  Clearly the congress doesn't get it that outgo must be equal to or less than income.  Only in an emergency should this be broken.  Heck, if it is important enough sell war bonds but the days of deficits equal to 1/3 of the total would be over.  This would truly stretch the capacity of our government to have to think where the money can best be applied.  I'll bet that would end a lot of the special projects like studying the sex lives of frogs. 

MILITARY  In my perfect world there would be a whole lot less overlap.  There would be Naval Forces, Ground Forces and Air forces.  Yep, I would put the Marines into the Ground Forces and the Naval (and Marine ) aviation in the Air Forces.   The only Reserves for the Ground Forces would be the National Guard and the Air Force reserves would not be in the guard.  I would force the Active Ground forces to have at least 40% of their forces in the Guard.  I am not sure what the ratio in the Air Forces would be best but it darned sure would not be 100% active.

SOCIAL   I just can't understand how people can think that unemployed people and under employed people can't be the result of having our borders crossed at anytime by anybody.  I hear people say we need to raise the minimum wage and yet we let people come her that are willing to work for less.  Go Figure what would happen if everyone here was paid $15.00 an hour. 

DRUGS     The drug problem isn't in Mexico. It is the large number of drug users here that keep the border full of holes.  Once people see that the Government really cares about them and we can really put all the people to work I think the drug use will fall.  Our Skinner Box experiments need to end and focus on jobs, training and giving our people back the view that there is room for everyone to live a good life.  I would focus on Training or Education and Jobs. 

DEGREE OF GIVE A SHIT   Somewhere along the way we have made it easy to not care about what happens in Washington.  I would make it mandatory for people to vote and people in Government would not be paid like they are special.  The Congress would be limited to the Average National Wage for their pay.  I would open the Barracks that are Fort Mead for their housing.  They would only live there when they are in session and be forced to go home at least 6 months of the year. If they want to fly space A in the cargo aircraft so be it.   Everyone in congress would be subject to the same rules as the people and pay social security like everyone else.  No special retirements and no special benefits. 

That's all folks.



MUD 

No comments:

Post a Comment