10/28/2006

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! This is the poor skinny creature that started showing up at our house a while back. One day he came over and let me pet him. He was so skinny that he was pitiful. After feeding him a couple of bags of cat food he is finally looking like he may last out the winter. I am feeding him a dry food that is a little higher in protein than the normal stuff and he is responding with steroid like growth. He would like to come in and sleep in the sunshine but the cathouse is all his for now.
I would like to congratulate Putt-Putt on the win by his favorite team. Yea Cardinals! The World Series is finally over and Football is mid season. Can Basketball be far behind? Only the J-Hawks could have their starting center get suspended and still get ranked third in the National pre-season poll. They are tall and talented for a team. In fact, their starters from last season had better keep their act together or they won't get to play much.
Barbara and I have spent the last few Halloweens with the Reimers and will miss the Trick-or-Treating with them. Barb said we should put on costumes and go visit all the adult friends we normally don't get to see. I think we should get K-State sweatshirts and go as Fans. They are a little lacking in that category so we might be able to help. (OK, KU is 0-4 in the Big 12 so far) Barb thinks this is the one time of the year we should be able to just drop in on people. If you are reading this, look out! I think our lunch with Rhonda Grahm prompted her to think she has so many good friends we just haven't seen lately.
My eye is healing nicely and as soon as the redness goes away you won't even be able to tell anything was done. I wanted a big red scar so I could tell people I fenced (no not bob-wire, you know, with those skinny swords) in Germany. Perhaps if I wore a monocle on that eye and put some eyeliner on it. I know, an eye patch made out of some material I can see through. I can be a pirate.
OK, enough Halloween ideas. I had better get on with RWS (Real World Stuff) and go shopping. See Ya!
Dennis

No comments:

Post a Comment