10/31/2006

Rant from my side of the street

I have been a person that has had to change my ideas a lot in the almost 60 years I have been here. In my earlier years, couples of mixed races were really shunned in the Oakie & Arkie infested neighborhood I grew up in. I have come to understand that color has no boundaries to people that are in love. I have grown to accept it and moved on to newer things.
Now, I have the subject of Same sex Unions/Gay Marriages to deal with. I would hope that those out there that need, want or desire some form of legal union for same sex couples can grow to understand that it is the word "Married" that upsets the conservative right. I think what is wanted is some legal term that establishes the rights to same sex couples that the rest of us have. I fully understand that desire and need. I would hope that out there some smart person can come up with a mutually agreed upon word that will fit that bill and give that most needed protection to their rights. I have no desire to know what goes on in the private lives of couples of either/same sex. Your privacy is not something I want to violate. Here is a short list of some of the terms I would start the list with: Civil Union, Common Law, Love bond, Same Sex Contract. Add your own terms on the end of the list but understand that the word Marriage for same sex couples is just as volatile as the "N" word in our language.
those that know me know that I have gays in the family and as friends. I love them as much as my straight friends and respect them for who that are.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you prove how little you know about me. I'll post your comments. The block is to keep people from posting just insults instead of actual arguments. Don't questions my "balls" again old man! :)

    However, I don't get what the point of your comment was. You said "a lot of us did that" indicating you followed a similar path to Vietnam as Kerry did, and I respect and admire that, but where do you get his telling you you're "inferior because we chose to serve our Nation?" Kerry's been fighting for candidates around the country that are facing attacks on their military record by Karl Rove's buddies. Like they did to Kerry in 2004. Like they did to McCain in 2000. The fact he came from wealth has nothing to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, read the rebuttal I posted on my blog and you will understand. It is Kerry's lack of understanding that if you make an error in a speech it is really easy to say "I made a mistake and really meant it to be against George Bush, I Apologize to the servicemen" and move on. No, he hung on to his stupid statement and all it does is make it harder for moderate Democrats to help people understand that they are for a change. Kerry didn't make it last time. He is wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:27 AM

    Overlook about the massive instant cash online banks, they aren't willing to aid any individual out whatsoever. You have got to default and damage your credit score in advance of they step in. With payday day loans you never had that dilemma. They won’t even manipulate you on executing anything which you don’t like. Whether or not your predicament is complicated, more than likely they may possess a system that will help you out. You can't get better than this.

    ReplyDelete