10/13/2006

Morning Musings

This great fisherman is my brother Rick. I don't remember when or where these fish came from but if they became dinner they were good eating. This was taken in Arkansas over near Pruitt and the Buffalo river.
Barb mentioned the other day that she didn't care for fish until she ate my Grandpa Curly's fish. He would filet them, soak them overnight in a light salt water and fry it in a beer batter. Mom said that she liked the filets poached and with a little salt and butter. Rick was named after that Grandfather. Richard Milton Fruits became Curly to all of us. He and Erma were two of the funniest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. They taught us to love, laugh and sing.
Last night I took Da Barb's out to dinner. We went to a Mexican Restaurant and the food was so good that I had to talk to one of the cooks. I asked him how he got the onions so yummy and he said marinate the cut up onions for 20 minutes prior to saute'ing them in butter. The vegs were grilled on an open grill and it was one of the best meals I have had in ages.

This is a gift from KS of the new Art team KSSK. It is a scale model of my recumbent bike. I couldn't be more thrilled. It is all stainless steel and made of spare bike parts in the KS supply yard. You all saw the flowers in a recent post from them.
By the way, KS mentioned that I had sent a picture that was way too big for his slow connection and his server. I got to looking and somehow I had a glitch that was making all my photo's BitMaps not JPEGs. They would be enormous and my computer was slow as Molasses in January. Once I got the settings right this blog just uploaded these picts in record time. I guess it was the loose nut behind the lens, or perhaps the system operator error behind the key board.
Today is the day that all the "triscadecaphobic" people out there hate. Friday the 13th is a day for some people to stay home in fear that bad things will happen. Never been that way for me, but hey no one ever said I was one to not take chances. Heck, I went to Vietnam and had a blast while everyone back home aged years for that one year I spent there.
It got down to 30 last night and will get to 60 this afternoon. Will it snow out the Playoff's tonight? Both Chicago and New York are going to be cold tonight. Perhaps they need to shorten the year by a few games. Perhaps the Royals will loose less than a hundred games if they do. MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment