10/03/2006

Monday a Day Late



Yesterday was a waste. I couldn't get back in the swing of things after a ride and a trip to the Doctor. The ride was glorious as the fall colors are just starting and the weather is more like June than October. In fact, it will be in the mid 90's today. There is a southerly breeze that makes the temperature feel cooler but by late afternoon it was hot out in the sun.

I have started the laundry and the first load is just rinsing. When I get that load in the dryer and the next load started I will probably start a roast in the crock pot and go riding. Barbara is going to take a class at Michael's tonight about "One Stroke" painting. I think their focus tonight is sunflowers. She gets to take the classes for free as an employee. I am glad to see that she has a lot of nice interests.

I think I mentioned that this is the year of Acorns. I picked up another half dozen off the deck this morning. I know it must keep tiger awake as I can hear them thumping from inside the house. I need to do something with them today.

Here in the 2nd Congressional District of Kansas we have the choice between Jim Ryan and Nancy Boyda. Nancy is a liberal that has a lot of ideas that I don't support. Jim is an idiot. Other than his name, as a runner, Jim claims to be working but doesn't list anything he has accomplished. They debated yesterday and was there ever no clear winner. Has it become a time for change?

Random thought. If Julie and Gerald are in Morocco, where do they vote? If you sell your home here in Topeka, what is your home of record? In the Military you declare a "Home of Record" and vote there. Generally it is an address where you own a home or where your parents live. I did not vote where Barbara was when I was in Vietnam. They probably would have had fits to have a young conservative vote in California. Barb was in San Diego during the fall of 68. My first Presidential election. I made 1st Lieutenant on the 3rd of July and turned 21 on the 1st of August. I voted in Kansas.

Have you heard that there is a candidate for Gov in Texas called Kinky? What a name. His opponents say he said things in the 80's ,when he was in bars, that he was/said racist remarks. Heck, who could stand that kind of scrutiny? I'm not sure just what all I said during my drinking days. I have little recall what I said this last month and I'm now sober. I can't imagine what "stuff" spilled out my pie hole when I was drunk. I am not an alcoholic, I am just a good old common sober drunk. I am doing my best a day at a time but I don't go to the meetings.

Well, the laundry is waiting for my attention so I'll get on with life. Smile and make them wonder what you are up to.

MUD