2/20/2015

Another Conflict

Barb and I had season tickets for the KU Men's Basketball this season and another conflict is going to keep me from going to  3 March  game.  Oh well, I am pretty sure that my niece that now lives in Lawrence will enjoy the game.  It will be senior night but none of the starters are seniors.  Heck, most are Freshmen.  It has been a fun ride this year and I still have my fingers crossed that they will get Conference title 11. 

For the last couple of days, the critters have been here looking for food.  I took some corn down to the feed bunk at the bottom of the hill and when it is empty the deer stand there and look up at the house.  Perhaps next year I will put the bunk closer to the back door and feed them there.   Next I will probably have to keep a stock tank full of water with a heater.  Oh well, love to see the critters doing well.
The Turkeys love to sift through the leaves for food


Yesterday as Barb and I were going somewhere, the subject of a dog came up.  She looked me in the eye and said, NO Dogs!  Dang, I hate it when that happens.  I read a cute story about a police dog last week and have always wanted one.  I guess I will have to settle with a visit to the Grand kitties now and then. Pixel still will come to me and let me pet him when I visit.  It took a long time to get him to be my friend.  One thing I never did was tease him.  Just petting and a treat now and then.

Somehow my 2013 Turbo Tax program has disappeared.  I guess I saved it somewhere I didn't plan on.   I'll do a better search today and see if I have it on an external hard drive.  I am proud to say that I did find Barb's wonderful black ear muffs.   They had fallen off the top shelf and were way down in the side of the closet.  Guess what?  They were right in the last place I looked.  Isn't that amazing?  DUH Dennis!   Just remember you can say DUH to yourself but not to others.

One of the Facebook posts from a member of the family talked about the difference between Vengeance and Justice.  It is pretty simple to me.  If it is personal it is vengeance.  There is a certain inmate on Death Row that I would volunteer to put to death.  Vengeance is in my heart.  The good news is that I don't have the ability to make that happen.   Justice to me is that  he is not out walking the streets and is in a little room where he only gets out for an hour a day and get to shower once every three days.  Many people in the family want me to believe that Justice will be served when he is executed.  Unless he dies the brutal way he killed my niece, it will only be death not justice. 

Better get moving on down the street.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment