3/27/2012

Why Write?

For the past few days, I have tried to write a story that I could combine what I knew about Vietnam and some personal facts, most of them from the Internet.  I have been writing while avoiding doing my taxes for 2011 and while watching the NCAA Men's Playoff's.  OK, there has been a nap or two thrown in for good measure.


I have been blessed to not have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from my periods in the war.  For the most part, when I came home to the arms of my wife, I was able to forget the really bad times and now, 40 years later have to concentrate to bring even the good times to the fore front of my memory.   I think I wrote the saga about Jesse James to see if I could put a coherent story together and if people would read it.I have been averaging about 100 hits a day on my blog so some of you are out there.


One of these days I will launch into another story but I need to think about what I really want to write about.   


The weather in Kansas is just strange this year.  We are having May weather here in March and it is raining again today.   The grass is green and you can hear it grow.  


Do you have a good opening line for a book?  Perhaps what I need is that start to get my juices flowing again.


MUD


  

No comments:

Post a Comment