9/20/2014

Conspiracy Theory

For years, many people have said that the first the Japanese and then the Chinese have been flooding us with cheap products to  break down our ability to manufacture goods.   Now, we are under attack by someone to defeat our financial systems and make it impossible to buy anything.  Last week when our Visa Bill arrived, there were two charges on it that we didn't authorize.  A quick call to our Credit Card Company and a new card is on it's way here.  In the mean time, we were on a short trip and didn't have the use of that card.  The good news is that we had cash with us and one other card.

When we got home, there was a letter telling me that they inactivated that card because the data was listed on one of the major stolen credit card sites because of the Home Depot Hacking.  New card number two on its way.  So far our Debit card on our main account hasn't been hacked but I am seriously going to go down Monday and open a new account that doesn't have any link to our real money.   I think we will just funnel money into the small account to let us do our normal spending and minimize the risks.  It is either than or cash and I don't think our current system has enough cash to let everyone go back to cash even for a month or so.

Is this the newest attempt to break down our economy?  How serious would you cut your spending if you had to use cash only.  I notice that when I go to almost any store, I am one of the few people that still use cash.  In fact, even Wal*Mart has gone to the self service line where you use plastic to put your crap in a plastic bag.  Come to think of it, I think had I not been forced to use a clerk to order Dave's window, Home Depot wanted me to clerk my own transaction. 

Barb is one of the few people that still has her bills come in the mail and uses checks to pay the bills.  Years ago I wanted to use the automated bill payment service that Capitol Federal offered but Barb resisted.  She said then and it is ever more true now that banking on line is just asking to get hacked.

Wait a couple of weeks and see if this doesn't happen to you.   I'm not sure what we will do when the complete banking by plastic system falls apart. 

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment