9/03/2014

What Does it Take?

Many of us have the "wander bug" that causes us to want to see new things and go new places.  Even after a couple of weeks on the road, I do not have mine completely exhausted.    On the matter of what it cost, this trip was expensive but in a lot of ways worthwhile.  I did get a lot of exercise, probably more than just riding around Yellowstone on a bus, but not nearly as exciting.  The grand part of any visit to Idaho for us is a chance to get to see the family members.  I think we all have our favorite people but for me the kids are always the most fun.  The most favorite are Rocky and Oscar.  These two are such open and loving kids and always willing to sit and talk with about any adult.    The get that fine attribute from their mother Chris who is a wonderful mother.

When we got home, there were a couple of Kansas Magazines in the mail we had held.  It is always great to see where things are happening in Kansas.  As a Native of Kansas,  I have traveled over most of the State but can always seem to find a new fort or celebration that catches my attention.  This month there was a picture of a 48-52 Chevy Panel Delivery on the front cover and I told Barb that if she runs out of things to buy me for my Birthday there it is in all of its glory. 

In my family before Mother passed away, she was seriously trying to cut down on the things she had in her house or where she lived. She told us all that if she couldn't wear it or eat it, she didn't need it.  If there is anything worth doing this winter, it is cutting down on the clutter in my garage and storage room.   I am rapidly accumulating stuff to the point where it is approaching too much crap.  When you can no longer tell stuff from crap it is time to start filling an extra trash can a week until it is in a manageable state. 

I think it is getting more clear that I need to do some serious maintenance on the Ford this fall.  There is a rattle that bothers me and I know from the oil leak that the front seal on the rear end is leaking.  This oil change cycle, I let it go about twice as many miles as normal and the oil still looks good and didn't go down even a half of a quart.  I will have it changed this week.

I am pretty mad at my Nikon Camera.   For some reason the charger cord just doesn't seem to work even though it was sent to the factory authorized service center.  The good news is that I now have a portable table charger and can charge the battery external to the camera and can read the SD card in a card reader.  It just hasn't been my experience that Nikon has many flaws and this is a surprise to me.  The NIKON Coolpix is a nice sized camera and it did so well for a year or so.  The warranty expired and that's when the fun began.  I'll let you know if it works OK with the work a rounds.   

This morning my new cell phone made a weird sound about 6:30 AM.  Seems the Weather Center here in Topeka issued a Flash Flood Advisory and my phone reacted to the alert.  New feature I didn't know it had.  We have been on the plus side with rain for a couple of days and intense clouds passed over dumping more rain. 

Better get myself in gear and get on with the important things of today.  Not sure what they are but I'm sure that if I asked the Master gardener she would have several good ideas.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment