9/03/2014

My Reality

Every once in a while I hear, see or just happen to find what someone else has written.  One of the Blogs I stumbled into today said they did not have a TV so the get all their information on the Internet.  I wonder if they understand that this is the source of a lot of misinformation that passes for fact today.  I am mistrustful of most news sources and the least trustworthy is the information we get from blogs.  The really sad part is that one of the main flaws in humans is that "Their perception is their reality."  If you think it is true, it becomes a part of what you think overall and you integrate it into your brain housing group and it can become fact in spite of just how fantastic it may be.  Look at almost any conspiracy theory that doesn't make sense on the surface.

The other day I read on one of the investment blogs that you can become a millionaire if you save a very small amount every month.  Sounded too good to be true.  I read the details and they were using a compounding factor of over 10%.   I don't know about you, but I am getting less than 1% interest on my money right now and wonder how soon they will want me to start paying them to hold on to my money.   If you are willing to take a risk, the stock market is out there waiting for your money to help inflate their prices.  The thing that worries me about that investment is who will be buying the large amount of stock when the Baby Boomers start taking what they need out of the market.  I don't know about you, but just today I read the kids right out of college today owe somewhere over a trillion dollars in Student Loans.  That was reported to be more than the combined credit card debt.  I doubt that these new investors will be able to pay their debt off, let alone buy many stocks. 

If it sounds too good to be true, It was probably found on Wikipedia.

Friendly Fire isn't.

If the going is easy, it is an ambush.

You can have it quick, good or cheap.  You generally have to pick any two of the three but not all of them. 

The information is generally worth what you pay for it.  The more time you spend gathering information, the better chance you have to get a "Boat Load" of bad information.

Your first thoughts on a decision are generally the one based on your experience.  If it seems good to you, you are more likely to be satisfied with the decision.  You won't look nearly as hard at the flaws in that choice.

If your day was so bad that you need a drink, that's probably the time to not take one.  

The perfect balance for me is to have all that I need and most of what I want.  Getting all you want will make it almost impossible to really determine what you need. 

Have a great day.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment