8/23/2013

Lies My Father Told Me!

There is a fine line between tall tales well told and lies.  When Beer is involved, you can expect the tales to be told with embellishment and often with out much fact involved.  The larger and more diverse the group, the taller the tales may be and often they border on just out right lies.  In this day and age, I find that the truth just eludes a lot of people.

We are in the process of renting our small rental house.  We held two open houses and took applications from a large number of people.  Checking out the applications this time was just frustration in action.  The most promising three applications were so full of holes that we are going back to the drawing board and re-advertising the house.  I won't get into the details but if you owe your landlord $5,000 and the utilities are in his name to keep them turned on, don't expect me to want you as a tenant.  I don't care if you fix mowers if your own yard is full of weeds.

Mom and Dad Years ago.

Now back to my father.  I was told from an early age that my name was Dennis Earl because at the time David Aaron combined with the initial of my last name made the word DAP.  IT had a bad connotation in the 40's.  It was supposedly my grand father's name Ennis Earl with an added D.  Just lately I was doing some searching and found that my grandfather's name was Earl Ennis.  Another myth shattered.

When we were kids, my father would tall us the story of how he lost the tip of his right thumb.  He claimed that at one park the squirrels were so tame that they would eat out of your hand.  On one such adventure, he claimed to grab a squirrel and it bit the end of his thumb off.  At our reunion in Colorado last month I retold that story and my uncle told me that Dad got his thumb caught in a wringer on an old washing machine and that's how his thumb was damaged.  That's Two Dad.

Ok, Ok if there were only two tales told me by my father, I should be proud not angry.  Especially if my degree was in making stuff up.  Read the disclaimer on the side of this blog and I will tell you that it is a compilation of things the way I remember them and often they have been told so many times that they get polished up for the humor. 

MUD

1 comment:

  1. THE LIAR KING

    Jesus said there is no truth in the devil.

    John 8:44 ...the devil...for he is a liar and the father of lies.

    THE DEVIL IS THE LIAR KING!

    The devil lied to Eve in the garden and she believed him. She confessed to God. (Genesis 3:13 ..."The serpent deceived me, and I ate.")

    There could be no worse confession to make on Judgment Day than, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."

    THE DEVIL IS THE LIAR KING!

    John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but through Me.

    THE LIAR KING SAYS: "We are not to judge, surely, there are many different ways to the Father."

    Hebrew 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

    THE LIAR KING SAYS: "If we do not have faith, it is God's fault; because God grants faith to those He has selected for salvation." He says, "No man can seek God."

    Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

    THE LIAR KING SAYS: "Immersion in water has nothing to do with your salvation." The liar king says, "When Jesus said has been baptized shall be saved; He really meant to say already has been saved from the time he believed."

    The devil is the master of deceit. Duplicity and distortion is his game.

    THE DEVIL IS THE LIAR KING!

    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete