6/21/2014

Busy Weekend

In addition to spending most of tomorrow singing all over Topeka, Today I am going to attend a short time visiting with my friend Wayne Cline and his wife as they celebrate their 60th anniversary.  Their children are putting the event on and they are doing it at the Kansas natural History Museum.  That's one of my favorite places.  Wayne recruited me for the chorus twice. 

My son's in-laws have bought a house here in Topeka after 11 years in Las Vegas.  I sure hope they can step back into the wild life here in Topeka.  I know they want to be back here with the grandkids and their church family.  I will take my bucket of tools over and do a few small projects needed in the new house.  Might even do a little painting but the plumbing projects are mine all mine. 

Yesterday was one of those days.  I had a trailer load of trash that needed a trip to the dump.  When I started to hook the truck up, it wouldn't start.  The battery was just strong enough to make the starter click.  I put that battery on the charger and hooked up the Ford to the trailer.  I needed to air up the tires and then realized the turn signal plug on the trailer didn't work.   In fact it was missing.  Another thing to fix this weekend if I intend to use it. 

Our Barbershop Chorus does a summer project of church music and visiting the nursing homes.  We do a pretty good job and they seem to enjoy us.  We have a summer series of five songs that have  spiritual basis.  Our version of Amazing grace and I believe are just the best.

I had better cut this short and get on with my day.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment