6/12/2014

Where am I going from Here?

With the lack of comments, I am unsure if people are at the point where they look in just to see where my ADD is going to take me next or if they enjoy the trip.  I am fairly sure that the number of hits on the blog are way up and that says something, it is just what it says that I am unsure of.

I hope it is fair to say that my day starts out much the same every day.  A couple of cups of coffee, some form of breakfast and then reading the paper.  I come down and read Facebook and check my E-Mail.  When all that has settled, I generally start writing on this blog.  Today I went out to put the charger on my small garden tractor as we will do some spraying later on and the tractor pulls the sprayer.  In about a half hour or so, I will go out to the shed and move the charger to the battery on the sprayer.  If we are going to do the fruit trees and then spray Dave's trees for bag worms I'll need a full charge there too. 

If the news of the day and Facebook sparks something, I tend to follow that lead on my blog.  Often it is a comment that Barb makes and off to the races.  Today nothing just struck me as all that controversial. 

My Son's in-laws are in the process of moving back to Topeka after a 10 year stay in Las Vegas.  They were not a winner in the Lottery called real estate there so they are starting out their retirement with a smaller nest egg in the housing market.  Real Estate here in Topeka never had the large bubble behind it and didn't take the large hit like it did in Vegas.  So far they have found a nice duplex that is pretty typical of 30 year old houses.  The siding is in serious need of repair/replacement and a lot of the  fixtures in the house need to be replaced.  For me that's no big deal but I don't know just how handy Dave's Father-in-law is.  I guess if they buy it we'll find out.  One thing I did see yesterday when we went there was that the people that painted it had no clue how to do a good job.  I won't complain about the color because at one time I had a green wall in my living room that was considered art as it wasn't a color I would have picked.  I am sure that nice neutral color (and lighter colors) will help brighten the place up.  After a few years with the dachshunds the carpet is pretty well gone and they have a replacement allowance.  I would hope they can get the joint painted and then replace the carpet. 

Oh well, miles to go so I'd better put on my walking shoes.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment