6/07/2014

Is Rush Limbaugh the Cause or the Symptom?

The other day while listening to the radio I heard a part of the Rush Limbaugh show and he had a guest host while he takes some time off.  The Guest host was defending Rush from the other side of the house that was calling Rush the cause of our problems.  It is my contention that we have so over reacted to other people that we believe that Rush is the cause.  The pretty plain truth is that we have become so divided as a society that we have people that listen to one side or the other to hear their side of the argument.

Let me cite a case that is blatantly obvious.  Senator John McCain is a war hero, ex-POW and a person that has worked hard to find ways to have legislation that fits the needs of both sides of the house.  He and Kennedy worked on legislation together. The Conservatives call him a RINO, or Republican in Name Only.  I think the fact that he doesn't write everything from just his side of the aisle is what we need more of.

In my humble opinion, we don't need a lot of new laws every year to enforce or to change the way we are doing things.  What we need is a way to try to help the Legislative and Judicial systems make sense of what we have.  I may not like President Obama on a personal level, but I do realize he needs some latitude to do his job.  The office of the President  has to be the toughest job on record.  If he goes to Europe to represent us on the 70th Anniversary of D-Day, there are veterans that don't want to meet with him.  Others say it is a boon doggle and a waste of money.  I think it speaks volumes that the President is reaching out to the Veterans of that important day and after all, he is the President.

I hear people talking about the resignation of General Senseki from the VA.  There has even been people talking about the need for the President's resignation.  I do agree that there is a need to clean up the VA but inside not from the top down.  I would offer the Ex-General a chance to clean up the mess and give him a set time limit.  No easy way out.  I'll bet that General Senseki will soon be playing golf in some sunny place without a worry in the world.  What a horrible way to live the rest of his life.  Did I tell you I was fired from my last job?  Oh poor me, I have to live on my retirement pay here at Rabbit Run.

The other day I called for everyone to let the Military settle the case of the soldier that "Walked Away" from his post and became a five year guest of the Taliban.    Considering that they let him live when they are known to cut off the heads of their victims is a hell of a testament of the ability of the young man to be a survivor.  Send him home and forget the whole thing.  Even if he is convicted of some crime, can Fort Leavenworth be any thing like captivity.  Call it time served and move on.  I was chastised for just letting him off the hook.  Until you have walked in his shoes, can you even have a remote idea what he did or what he went through?  The symptom is that in this day of such rapid communication, people think they can fully assess the circumstances and because of the Freedom of speech have the right to convict everyone on the spot.  I thought we stopped lynching many decades ago.

The other day, I saw Facebook images of an Angel in the Sky and Jesus on the butt of a dog.  How can we believe anything when we all saw Darth Vader cut off the hand of Luke Skywalker?  Photoshop has turned us into a land of home made truth tellers with a bag full of tricks.  Have you read that a large percentage of eye witnesses are just wrong?  Our mind makes up things about as fast as Facebook writers (and a few Bloggers) and can turn perception into truths. 

Lighten up people.  As long as we take positions diametrically opposed, we will never get this teeter totter anywhere near balanced.  We will noisily bang from one side to the other and in spite of what we think, the "Whole World is Watching." 

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment