6/20/2014

Why MUD?

Once upon a time I was the proud uncle of two of the neatest girls and when my sister would bring them by the gas station where I worked, we would play a game where I would sneak up on the car and growl at them.  On the last time I played that game, Carrie turned to kind of run and got her feet tangled up on a blanket on the floor of the station wagon.  She fell and broke some of her teeth on the edge of the seat. 

Thank god the teeth that were broken were her baby teeth so other than my dad called her snaggle tooth for a while no permanent damage was done.  I got her an ice cream bar to help with the pain and as she was eating it, she looked at me and said, "Mean Uncle Denny."  My sister said yep your name should be mud.  I have adopted that nickname and have it as my nom de plume.  Carrie is long over the event and I hope to remain high on the list of people she loves.  They are in Brazil watching soccer matches and I hope they are having a great time.

Just thought you might like to know where MUD came from and might be glad to know it doesn't have any bad connotation.   Unless you loose teeth because of my growl. 

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment