6/18/2014

To Korea in 2015?

The KU Men's Basketball team has been selected to represent the USA in 2015 at the world University games.  What a great reason to travel to Korea.  I guess I'll have to start saving my money for that trip.   Might even convince Barbara to go.  I hear good things about Korean Air.

That leads me to a question.  If you had all the money you ever wanted, what would you want to do with it?   The gift giving guide was if I can't wear it, read it or eat it I don't need it.  I wonder if that really applies to travel.  I think it was invented when Mom was past her traveling prime and lord knows all of the brothers and sisters are getting less travel tolerant.  Thank god for Meds. 

Most mornings, I start my day reading the paper with a cuppa coffee. My coffee cup had a picture of our two young friends in Morocco.  It just puts a smile in my heart to see them smile.   Right there by the sun room table is a picture of Kristen and Ethan that I also love to see.  When our little friend Rikku was over she saw that picture and asked who they were.  That picture was taken when they were very young and I'm sure that Rikku was looking for a friend to play with.  They all could have done a good job of smiling and laughing.

After reading the paper this morning, I picked up the last magazine I got from the Barbershop Harmony Society.   They are talking about how different groups have started reaching outside their chapters to bring music to new audiences.  That is very interesting as this weekend we will sing at three churches and three nursing homes.  It will be a long day but there in little better than being with a group that loves to sing and swap stories. 

It was very interesting to me that they talked about a chapter that did a lot like we did a few years back.  Instead of working on getting ready for competition, they took a year off to recharge, grow member ship and renew their coffers.  Instead, they lost their zeal, lost members and stagnated.  I looked around at the last meeting and saw that we have three or four new members and I am encouraged that with a little emphasis we too can get our chapter back on the right path.  We have a great Director and Chapter President so there is no reason we can't get better and grow. 

Oh well, better get my work clothes on, Barb went to the window and said, "It looks like a jungle out there."  It does.

MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment