10/30/2006

Monday, the Laundry Chair Day

Today is Monday and it is the day I have normally set aside to do laundry. It will be a strange day as I will also have to do some serious house cleaning also. I have neglected my duties in favor of riding and now must pay the piper. We are set for some house guests on Wednesday and I am ill prepared.
The picture I have posted is a photo of a Wildcat from the K-State Campus. I would love to be able to bring some of the large bronze works to Topeka but will settle for driving there to see this beautiful art work. To make up for the lack of bronze kitties, I can generally go out and have a lap full of all the kitty I want. Tiger has learned to accept that I mean no harm and will let me pet him while I nurse a cup of coffee. He does have a couple of bad habits that I wish would go away but hey, I won't change him any more than he can change me. Cats often flex their claws as you pet them. Tiger's are sharp as they can be and he often gets right on the edge of hurt with them. At least once a day he gives me a love bite that never breaks the skin but again is on that ragged edge. Oh well, I don't understand cats, I will just tolerate it, or not!
Barb and I talked with her Mom last night. Mom had taken a tumble earlier in the weekend but is ok. She was just on the return side of a trip to Jack-Pot, Nevada so I guess she wasn't injured too much. My father-in-law has won over $100.00 two weekends in a row and Mom was a little envious. After all, she's the one that actually gambles. Dad's favorite pastime is to go to the Coffeeshop/restaurant and get treated like a king. The staff there know what a great guy he is and treat him better than the owner. (He tips pretty well also) In fact, he has been invited to graduations, weddings and all sorts of events of the lives of the staff there.
It was nice to send Barb off to work during the daylight. The flip side of that is it will be almost dark by the time she gets home. Can't have everything. Better run and get on with the kitchen. It will take at least two loads in the dishwasher as I let the dishes pile up. See Ya!
MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment