10/22/2006

Recumbent Exercise Bike

This is a picture from my wild child days. I could out run, Out fight and out cuss most of the other guys. I really never did get that habit of spitting down so I didn't do that too much. I did carry a pocket knife but I managed to cut myself at least once a week. I am sure that my background as a Petty also gave me the gift of BS and I could tell better tall tales than most of the guys in my neighborhood.
I am currently working on trying to find a way to turn a weight bench and an exercise bike into a Recumbent exercise bike for indoor use. The problem I am having is the lack of something solid to hold it all together. I'm afraid if I take it out to the garage to put it together I won't be able to carry it back down to the basement. I also want it to be adjustable so I can make sure I don't hurt my knees as I stay inside. The ideal would be some kind of large rollers that I could use my actual bike on but I'll make do.
The birds are working at the feeder pretty hard. It is amazing how fast they go from having tons of things to eat in the wild to eating at the feeder. I guess the black oil sunflower seeds are too good to pass up. Now it makes me look at the window and realize how dirty a few spiders can make one window. Windex here I come.
Yesterday it was rainy most of the day and it just kept getting colder and colder. Tiger, the Outside Cat (OC), hung around most of the day. I made sure there was enough food to keep him full and the cat house kept him dry. The dogs have a nice house but Taco, the black slob, doesn't like to be inside. I have seen him out in the blowing snow just sitting there like it was a warm spring day. So far I haven't put them on winter rations and they still look pretty good. I think Taco could fast for a month or so and still be big.
This is going to be a long week for Barb. She will take off tomorrow from work to drive me to and fro to the Surgery. She will work all day Wednesday and Thursday. (Parent teacher conferences.) and then work Friday night at Michael's and most of the day Saturday.
I was going to apply for a substitute teacher job as soon as the face heals up some. I saw in the paper today that a lot of the Goodyear employees are also doing that. Perhaps I might want to apply at the new Ace Hardware store opening near us.
Better get on with my day

No comments:

Post a Comment