4/03/2013

2,229

I think having almost 2.300 posts on my blog is a lot like being elected to the school board.  You get 4 years of work and no pay.  The happy news is that I think I have only pissed off 3 or 4 family members so bad they don't read this blog anymore.  Two of them aren't speaking to me but it is their loss. To tell the truth, I have over
113,000 hits and I couldn't possibly know  who all has been here.
  Yesterday I saw a program on PBS where they looked for information about the writer of Rolling along with the Tumbleweeds.  I looked up the song on YouTube and happily listened to  an hour of Cowboy music.  I think of myself as having an eclectic taste in music because I can listen to about all types and enjoy.  I really love great voices blended together without so much music that it overpowers the words and harmony.

Barb and I went to a performance of "Shaken not Stirred" this past year and the typical sound guy who is deaf had the base cranked up so much the voices were buried.  I saw them on PBS and at least there the sound was just right.  Music doesn't have to exceed about 80 decibels to be right for me.  Most of the groups today try to exceed 112 Db on a steady basis.

Do you still read the paper?  I guess I am one of the old holdovers and as long as one is available I'll probably go out to the road and bring in the hard copy of the paper.  I had a paper route as a 14 year old and for some reason I never lost the ink under my fingernails early in the morning.  A steaming cup of coffee and the smell of a new paper just start my day off right.  The good news is that barb doesn't seem to mind if I read the paper first.  Being the early riser that I am I generally get first dibs on the paper.

Today I hope it wil be sunny and warm enough to get the bikes over to the lake for a few circles.  

Doesn't this bike deserve to be ridden?
 MUD

No comments:

Post a Comment